Thursday, September 29, 2011

Things That Make Me Go Hmmm? and MmmMmmm..

Ok so the past couple of weeks have been a bit crazy. First it was Europe, then my sister's wedding, and recently I started school. Things haven't slowed down for me one bit. For those of you who don't know, I'm actually going to school for Nutritional Science with a concentration on Dietetics. I also will minor in Culinolgy(the study of culinary arts and food science). I am extremely excited to indulge myself and learn everything and EVERYTHING about food. But unfortunately school has been a bit overwhelming at the moment since I am mostly taking science classes. YIKES! So I will apologize beforehand if I am MIA. I will try my best to post often as I can. =) 

Thank goodness for my stress reliever. Cooking and EATING.

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins with Soy Milk Chocolate Ganache. (adapted from Martha Stewart, thanks Martha!)
Cook at 350F
20-25mins
In a big bowl mix the pink highlighted ingredients
Another bowl mix "green" ingredients
Combine dry into wet, mix well
Add "purple" ingredients last


Ingredients for Muffins:
4 ripe bananas
1c light brown sugar
1/2c canola oil
1 large egg(for vegans you can replace with extra mashed bananas, 1/4c applesauce, or Ener-g(egg replacer) 
1c all-purpose flour
1c whole wheat flour
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
1/2tsp salt
1/2c light sour cream (for vegans use Tofutti Sour Supreme)
1TB pure vanilla extract
1/3c semi-sweet chocolate


 Soy Milk Chocolate Ganache
1c semi-sweet chocolate chopped
1/4c soy milk
1tsp brown rice syrup



Don't want to brag but these muffins are pretty dang good. Even as I write this post my face is covered in chocolate ganache. I'll admit it puts me in succhhh a gooood moooodddd... Might even study..maybe.
Until next time!

Munch, munch, munch.

No comments:

Post a Comment