Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Black Hogg

A couple years ago, I spontaneously packed my bags and hopped on a plane to spend a year in New York. I had no idea what I was going to do once I got there, where I was going to live, and how I was going to survive with the limited funds in my bank account but somehow I made it. Thinking back on those days I can honestly say it was the best year of my life. Yes, I struggled, and yes, I was completely broke, but one thing that I never compromised was food. I literally worked to eat, pay rent, and eat. I miss New York everyday. I know I've found where I'm suppose to spend the rest of my life, but until then I can only dream, and live off of the amazing memories that I keep in my heart.

Living in Los Angeles, Silver Lake is my tiny get away to New York because it reminds me of my days spent in the Lower East Side. It might be the tiny unique stores, or the beautifully weird walks of life on the streets, but mostly it's the restaurants that transports me back to LES. I love walking into a unpretentious space, with minimal modern decor, filled with smiling people eating good food. That's exactly what Black Hogg is all about.


Popcorn Bacon with Maple Crema. Once you pop that sucker into your mouth you instantly bite into a  crazy crunchy exterior,  that burst into your mouth with a huge piece of bacon, surrounded by it's own flavorful juices. Yums. 

Roast Brussel Sprouts, Bacon Vinaigrette, Garlic Bread Crumbs.  

Ale Cod Battered Cod, Salt&Pepper Ruffled Chips, with Homemade Tarter Sauce. 

Wild Mushroom on a Brioche Box

Roast Marrow Bones, Breakfast Radish Salad. 
Black Hogg
 2852 W. Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90026

No comments:

Post a Comment