Thursday, August 4, 2011

25 and I Choose Life..

A couple weeks back I had a horrible experience with booze. I took that as a sign.
I know now that I need to be kinder to my body. I need treat my body with respect, give it love, and ultimately take care of myself. I want to be able to grow old and live a vigorous/healthy/virtuous life. So I'm trading a schooner of beer for a spatula. I am trading a martini glass for a rolling pin. I am trading night out at bars for kayaking, yoga, running, and ice cream making.  Seriously, fun still exist without being intoxicated! I am finding out so much about myself and I think it's because my mind is clearer. No more haze that once blinded me. Oh, it feels soooo good.

Anyways back to my August bakeathon... I was definitely not lying about my baking bonanza partay. Here's the proof.
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Love and Olive Oil blog

Recipe
1/2c butter(softened)
1/2c granulated sugar
1/2c brown sugar(firmly packed)
1/2c Nutella
1 egg
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1c all purpose flour
1/2c whole wheat flour(the recipe called for 1 1/2c all purpose flour but I wanted to add whole wheat)
1tsp baking soda
1/4tsp fine grain sea salt
1/3c chocolate chip


 Healthiest Banana Oatmeal cookies
adapted from 101cookbooks

Recipe
2 large, ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4c olive oil
1/4c unsweetened apple sauce
2 c rolled oats
2/3 almond meal
1/2tsp cinnamon
1/2tsp fine grain sea salt
1tsp baking powder
1/2c semi-sweet chocolate morsels

Sorry the picture isn't that grand.. I was having horrible lighting. But seriously.. don't let this picture deceive you.. these cookies are the bomb..No seriously these cookies are so freaking good. I can't stop eating them. I might gain 30 pounds from this baking experiment. eeeks! Just have to remember to be balanced. Eat, work out, eat, work out, and sleep. Stay tuned for the good, the bad, and the just plain ugly.

smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment