Monday, August 8, 2011

Back Attack

Whoa, just realized I spent the WHOLE day in the kitchen...Anyways, I recently attended, or actually helped out a friend whom is a wedding planner, Catherine Cindy Leo Weddings (click on her name to check her out she's absolutely amazing), for a 600 people wedding. The whole menu consisted of vegetarian and vegan yummy goodness. The appetizer and dinner was an Indian buffet, and the extravagant dessert table catered by Jamaica's Cakes was filled with various cakes and brownies that were..wait for it... ALL VEGAN! They even had Cool Haus (gourmet ice cream sandwiches) cater! Oh my goodness!! I seriously ate so much I thought I was going to pop! After the event I became truly inspired to start baking vegan desserts, and also try my hand at homemade ice cream. Cool Haus seriously had the most amazing flavors like fig and balsamic with mascarpone..drool..I can't wait to start experimenting. I hope I come up with some good combos.

Here are some awesome pictures of the vegan dessert station.

 cheesecake with blueberry topping, red velvet cupcakes, carrot cupcakes, white chocolate strawberries, and brownies with white chocolate chunks...ALL VEGAN!!
Did I mention the 4 tiered cake was also vegan???

Uh oh I'm starting to crave cake..need distractions..Oh yeah, let's talk about what I had for lunch. I had to make a quick stop at Trader Joe's and came across black figs, and whole wheat pizza dough. It seriously seemed like a sign..I almost could hear a faint voice from the sky saying.. "make pizza Liz." 
So I did.

Whole wheat pizza dough, caramelized onions, goat cheese, black figs. 
To finish it off I reduced some balsamic vinegar, and drizzled it on top. I also drizzled a little bit of extra virgin olive oil.

A simple salad to accompany the pizza. 

 Crispy crust, creamy goat cheese, the sweet balance of roasted figs, and the acidity from the caramelized onions. Mmmm Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment