Monday, August 1, 2011

First of the Month..

Since it's the beginning of a new month I decided I would try something new. Baking! I was never much of a baker. I don't have the necessary qualities for a baker..you know like patience, following directions, being exact etc...So for the month of August I dare to challenge myself and bake, bake, bake.
Here is my first attempt.
Madeleine topped with Orange sugar (orange zest, gr adulated sugar)

I loved the crunchy texture and how it was soft and fluffy on the inside. It almost tasted like the top of a orange flavored muffin, which is seriously my favorite part! Not too bad for my first attempt. I think next time I definitely want to try using lemons or maybe even incorporating chocolate! Maybe putting less batter in the molds? There are so many things I need to learn. But at least you can join me while I make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. =) All right stay tuned for my bakingventures. Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment