Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cupcakes With Mad Vegan Steez

I am seriously cocoNUTS about these cupcakes. I am giving myself an intense pat on the back for my first attempt on vegan cupcakes. How can a cupcake be moist, buttery, creamy, soft without using eggs, butter, and milk? Well my friends, it can be done.
Here's the proof.


This was suppose to be a one biter picture..but it ended up being 3-4 bites. Yes, it's that good!


Coconut Cupcakes
1 3/4c all purpose flour
1c sugar
1tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt
1c coconut milk( the key that unlocks the amazingness of these cupcakes)
1/2c canola oil
2TB vanilla extract
1TB apple cider vinegar

Coconut glaze
1/2c coconut milk
1/4c powdered sugar
1/4c sweetened shredded coconut
1tsp vanilla

Bake at 350F for 15-20mins. You can check if it's done with a toothpick.
Top with toasted shredded coconut.

Now waiting for my ice cream to set so I can make some gnarly sundaes! Today is a great day!!
Happy chow chow time to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment