Friday, July 22, 2011

Hello Old Friend

Gloomy morning means one thing..oatmeal. I just love eating a hot bowl of oatmeal on days that are too sad to go running. I decided to play the patience game and make steel cut oats. I love the way they taste compared to other types of oatmeal but it just takes so long to cook! But honestly it's all worth it in the end. The chewy texture gets me every time.
Today I made the oatmeal with a mixture of water and skim milk. 
Cook it for 30 mins or so. You can cook it to your preferred texture. I like mine to be creamy, and bit liquidy( is that a real word?)
..and try to stay patient..
I topped todays oatmeal with slices of fresh apple, homemade peanut butter, and gluten-free granola. Seriously so worth the wait, and the gloominess of the morning has completely disappeared.


Alright ready to take on the world! Stay classy my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment