Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Rainbow Plate

My version of a portobello sandwich.


Here is how I made it.
First I marinated the portobello mushroom overnight with 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, 1 tsp shallots, pinch of sea salt, and pepper. 
I then grilled the portobello mushroom with the remaining marinade, and also grilled a couple of cherry tomatoes.
For some added flavor I made a spread for the bread. I mixed 1 tbsp of mayo, garlic, and 1 tsp of lemon juice . Assemble the sandwich with a handful of spinach, a yummy panini roll, and a couple slices of gruyere cheese. I also added beets on the side. Can my lunch be anymore colorful?! YUMSSSS. The marinade on the mushroom definitely was the star. I can't wait to make this again!

Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment